Schools out for Summer by Alice Cooper is the anthem as we head into the next 8-10 weeks of zero school. Yay or nay, it depends on who you ask.
As a working parent finding all day camps and activities is a full time job in of itself and it's expensive when you add multiple kids to the mix but there are some affordable options. Even if you are a stay at home parent by week two, you want the kids out of the house. I have friends who start scheduling in March. I know I'm late to the party and many camps are full but there are still slots out there and people cancel..the wait list is my friend.
- YMCA offer many camps and activities https://tucsonymca.org/program/summer-camp/
- Bear Essential News has an entire list of Summer Camps all over Tucson covering all areas of interest. http://bearessentialnews.com/summer-camps/tucson/all/all
- Parks and Rec. https://www.tucsonaz.gov/parks
- Pima for Kids has classes and camps even for teens. https://www.pima.edu/programs-courses/noncredit-courses-workshops/pima-for-youth/
- There are several camps held at the University of Arizona. Different colleges put them on and so does the campus rec. center https://uaatwork.arizona.edu/lqp/time-register-ua-summer-camps
Happy scheduling parents!